Washington Ornithological Society was chartered in 1988 to increase knowledge of the birds of Washington and to enhance communication among all persons interested in those birds. The website has much birding information including checklists, site guides and searchable newsletter archives.
The Slater Museum publishes an excellent annotated checklist . This list gives thumbnail sketches of how common each bird is and the habitat preferences for each.
Audubon Chapters A list of websites for the Audubon chapters of Washington.
Klickitat County has no Audubon chapter but this website has information about birding in the county.
Seattle Audubon Birdweb provides in-depth information about the birds of the state and where to find them. This includes in which habitats, in which regions, in which months and with what frequency each species is found. It also provides information about behavior, nesting, diet and migration and conservation status.
List Servs (Mailing Lists) and groups
- Tweeters rare bird alerts cover the entire state of Washington. Recent Tweeters posts.
- Inland Northwest Birder covers eastern Washington and parts of Idaho. Recent Inland Northwest Birder posts.
- LCBirds 2 covers the Lower Columbia Basin in Washington and Oregon. (Yahoo sign in required.)
- BirdYak is specific to Yakima County. (Sign-in required.)
- Washington Birding is a Facebook discussion forum.
- Western Washington Birders is a Facebook discussion forum.